Bathroom Tile Ideas! How to Elevate Your Bathroom
When it comes to bathrooms, the tile work plays a big impact on the way you view your space. Tiles can dramatically transform the whole aesthetic of your space, making it feel modern and clean or warm and inviting. That’s why getting it right is so important! You can create a stunning feature wall, backsplash, or floor that will leave your guests in awe.
Whether you're planning a complete remodel, a quick refresh, or starting a new build these ideas will inspire you to create a powder room that's not only functional but also stylish and personal. Thats why we at Floor Tile have rounded up a few bathroom tile ideas to help you get the perfect look for your space.
Bathroom Tile Ideas
Color Scheme Tile Ideas
Black and White color palette:
Create a timeless look by using the classic choice of black and white tiles. This color combination makes an exceptionally elegant bathroom when used for flooring, walls, or backsplashes. Black accents on white walls are always beautiful and added with a tile pattern are sure to bring attention and can add dimension and more space to smaller bathrooms.
Monochromatic color scheme:
For a more modern style, consider choosing one color of tile in various shades for your bathroom. You can mix matte and glossy finishes to create texture and interest as well.
Soft shades such as beige and gray are great for creating a soothing atmosphere in your bathroom. Combine these neutral colors from the same color family with other materials, like wood or stone, to create an inviting look.
If you’re looking for a more daring center-stage style statement then try using bright colors. Choose from the rainbow and get creative with designs, patterns, and shapes. A bold tile in a bathroom is sure to make a scene. Green tiles, red tiles, and even pink tiles can be used for such a bold choice, whether it's in the shower space or used as the bathroom floor tile, you can get creative with it!
Placement Tile Ideas
Vertically Stacked Tiles:
This trend gives bathrooms a modern feel and can be used for walls, floors, or even backsplashes. Vertically stacked tiles liven up the space and add texture to the design.
Horizontal Wall Tiles:
These are perfect for creating an eye-catching feature wall. Consider mixing different sizes or colors of tiles for a unique look.
This traditional pattern, with tiles laid in an inverted V-shape, adds a geometric touch to your bathroom. It looks especially great when used on floor tiles or walls.
Striking and eye-catching, the chevron pattern can be used to create a patterned tile feature wall in your bathroom space. This pattern has the appearance of the Chevron logo. It is similar to the herringbone pattern but at a 45-degree angle instead of a 90-degree angle. Using different shades and sizes of tile can elevate the look.
Tile Rug Pattern:
This trend is perfect for creating a cozy feel in the bathroom. Choose tiles in various shades and sizes to mimic the look of a classic rug.
Oversized and Undersized Pattern:
Create an unexpected visual by using mixed tile sizes such as using large tiles on the floor and small tiles on the wall. Then on the flip side, you can use oversized tiles for walls and floors - it will give your bathroom an extra modern touch.
Statement Tile Ideas
Give your bathroom a pop of color by using vibrant grout colors. Consider contrasting the grout with the tile to make the design more eye-catching.
The Pattern on Patterns:
Break away from the classic tile design and use patterned tile as both the background and accent tile. Mixing different patterns is a great way to make your bathroom unique.
Create a luxurious look by adding metallic accents in the form of either accent tiles or fixtures. Gold, silver, and copper are all great choices that will make your
If you want to make a statement in your bathroom, consider using bold-colored tiles on the bathroom floor. It will give the space an interesting focal point and can be easily paired with neutral walls.
Incorporate modern designs into your bathroom with geometric-shaped tiles. Use them for floors or walls to create an intriguing look that will stand out from the crowd.
Accent Wall Backsplash:
Backsplashes don’t always have to be limited to the kitchen, they can also be used in bathrooms. Use colorful and patterned tiles for an accent wall behind your sink or vanity to make a bold statement.
Create an interesting texture in your bathroom by using textured tiles. Choose from different types of materials such as stone, glass, and porcelain to give the space a unique look.
This classic tile will never go out of style and can be used in a variety of ways to create an interesting yet timeless look. Subway tile works just as well for wall tiles as they do for floor tiles.
Sleek and luxurious, marble tiles are perfect for adding a touch of elegance to your bathroom. Use them on the floor or walls and combine them with other materials for a unique design.
These glossy tiles come in an array of colors and sizes and can be used to create stunning designs on walls or floors. They are perfect for creating a modern, sophisticated look.
Wood Effect Tiles:
For a more rustic feel, consider using wood effect tiles. This type of tile is durable and looks just like wood but without all the maintenance. It’s perfect for creating a cozy atmosphere in your bathroom.
Penny tile, which has a coin-like shape and texture, is perfect for adding an interesting touch to your bathroom. It looks great on tile floor and lower and upper walls and comes in many different colors.
Overall Bathroom Look
- Farm House Style: If you want to add a touch of charm to your bathroom, consider using distressed wood and rustic furniture for a farmhouse-style look. Neutral colors work best but don’t be afraid to add some darker shades for depth.
- Industrial Style: Create an industrial-style look by combining exposed pipes with textured tiles or concrete walls. Use metal accents and furniture to finish off the look for some old world charm.
- Contemporary Style: A contemporary style bathroom feel is best achieved with sleek lines, neutral colors, and minimalistic designs. Consider using tiles in various shades of gray for an elegant aesthetic.
- Beach Bungalow: Bring the beach into your home by creating a coastal-inspired bathroom. Use light-colored tiles and furniture for a fresh, airy feel. For an added chic touch, incorporate some home decor like wicker baskets and natural elements such as shells or driftwood for a beachy look. This is perfect if your bathroom has plenty of natural light.
- Modern Minimalist: For a modern bathroom, use tiles in monochrome shades with simple lines and design. Square tiles are perfect as this type of bathroom tile. This will help to create a clean and uncluttered space that gives a spa-like feel and is perfect for unwinding after a long day.
Types of Bathroom Tiles
It's essential to understand the different types of tiles available for your bathroom space. The type of tile you choose can make or break your bathroom tile design.
Each tile material has its unique qualities, pros, and cons, which must be considered to ensure that it aligns with both your aesthetic preferences and practical needs.
From porcelain and ceramic to natural stone or glass, the choices are endless. Let's delve into the various bathroom tile options to help you make an informed decision for your next remodel, refresh, or new build.
- Ceramic Tiles: These are a popular choice due to their durability and wide range of colors, shapes, and sizes. Ceramic tiles are perfect for nearly any bathroom setting, whether it be for floors, walls, or in the shower.
- Porcelain Tile: Porcelain is a type of ceramic tile that is denser and less porous than regular ceramic tiles. It's ideal for bathroom floors due to its water resistance and durability.
- Natural Stone Tiles: These can include materials like marble, granite, limestone, and slate. Natural stone tiles provide a luxurious and unique aesthetic but require more maintenance to preserve their beauty.
- Glass Tiles: Bright and reflective, glass tiles are perfect for backsplashes and shower walls. They come in a multitude of colors and finishes, allowing for stunning, personalized designs.
- Mosaic Tiles: These small, often colorful tiles, are perfect for creating intricate designs on walls or floors. Mosaic tiles can be made from ceramic, glass, or stone.
- Subway Tiles: This classic option, with its characteristic rectangular shape, is a timeless choice for any bathroom. They are typically used on walls, especially for backsplashes or showers.
- Cement Tiles: These are handmade and available in both bold and subtle patterns. Cement tiles are durable and add a touch of artisanal elegance to your bathroom.
- Pebble Tiles: These provide a natural, spa-like aesthetic. Commonly used on shower floors, they add texture and are slip-resistant.
- Terracotta Tiles: Known for their warm, earthy hues, terracotta tiles bring a rustic charm to the bathroom. They are highly durable but require sealing to prevent moisture absorption.
- Quarry Tiles: These are unglazed, natural clay or shale tiles that offer a rustic, homey aesthetic. They are highly durable and slip-resistant, making them a good choice for bathroom floors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install shower tile?
On the topic of instalation feel free to reach out to us at Floor Tile. If you plan on doing it youself take a look at our blog how to tile a shower, for a more indepth answer.
What type of tile is best for a bathroom?
A popular tile choice for your bathroom depends on your lifestyle and preferred aesthetic. Porcelain and ceramic tiles are popular choices due to their durability and wide range of colors, shapes, and sizes. For more luxurious options, natural stone or glass tiles create stunning features on walls and floors.
What type of design is popular for a bathroom?
Contemporary design is a popular approach for bathroom spaces. This style leans towards the use of clean lines, neutral colors, and minimal embellishments. Subway tiles are a classic choice that fits well within this look, primarily when applied to a shower stall or backsplashes.
They provide an understated elegance with their rectangular shape and variety of color options. For the bathroom floor, penny tiles can add a unique texture and visual interest. These small, coin-like pieces come in various colors and can be arranged to create distinct patterns, adding character to the floor. Overall, the key is to balance your tile choices with the rest of your bathroom's elements for a cohesive and appealing design.
What are some design tips for bathroom tiling?
When designing your tiled bathroom, it is important to consider the size of the entire space, the type of tile you are using, and the overall desired look. To add visual interest, consider combining different floor tiles in various sizes to create a pattern on the upper walls or bathroom floor.
You can also use colored grout or bold colors, like green tiles to create a statement in your primary bathroom. Finally, be sure to plan for adequate ventilation and natural light when designing your bathroom tile to create visual interest.
After all these bathroom tile ideas you're sure to have the perfect tile that fits your style and needs, doesn't matter if you have a smaller bathroom or larger bathroom. Whether it be a contemporary, farmhouse, industrial or beachy look, you can achieve any style with the right tiles. With so many types of tiles available in all shapes and sizes, the possibilities are endless for creating an inviting bathroom space.
Don't forget to take into consideration durability and maintenance when selecting your ideal tiles for your bathroom. With the perfect combination of materials, colors, and design elements, you can create an inviting space that is uniquely yours.
One last tip: always use a professional installer to ensure your tiles are installed correctly and safely. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your project has been done right and with quality workmanship! Happy tiling!